Monday, March 10, 2008

Seven New Sins!

A new list! I love lists!

The Vatican has put together a list of seven "social" sins:

1. "Bioethical" violations such as birth control

2. "Morally dubious" experiments such as stem cell research

3. Drug abuse

4. Polluting the environment

5. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor

6. Excessive wealth

7. Creating poverty

The original deadly sins:

1. Pride

2. Envy

3. Gluttony

4. Lust

5. Anger

6. Greed

7. Sloth


I was four for seven out of the original list, but can only claim two out of the new seven. Or three, if you consider my choice to be a public schoolteacher "creating poverty."

Maybe I should think about graduate work in bioengineering. Excessive wealth and morally dubious experiments! Whee!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I know it's the most blindingly obvious thing in the world to pick up on but...

At what point during the pronouncement somebody in the Vatican give a sly wink on points 5, 6 & 7

ba said...

I'm going to say I've aced this list.