Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Faith Cancelled!

I noticed that the best show on radio had been quiet for a while; I just figured that Faith Salie & Co. were taking a little summer break. But no: PRI has killed them. Fair Game was the raciest show ever on radio, not to mention the smartest (Faith is the only Rhodes scholar I'm aware of to choose a career in stand-up). I heard lots of great music for the first time on her show (including Nellie McKay, Tunng, and Brooklyn's own Au Revoir Simone). She competently lampooned religionists, Republicans, and many others deserving of her acid bath of wit. The real trouble probably started earlier this year with a skit about a Huckabee family Eucharist recipe for “Deep-Fried Body of Christ"? That's not the kind of material I'm going to be able to find on the Food Channel.

No comments: