Thursday, July 19, 2007

Religious Book Seller Struck By Lightning

A man making a trip from Puerto Rico to South Florida to raise money for his religious education remains hospitalized Monday after he was struck down by a bolt of lightning which flew from clear blue sky on Sunday. He was selling religious materials when he was hit.

more details

Does this still count as a miracle? I'm a bit hazy on the whole miracle thing... is it just when unlikely stuff happens or does it have to be nice things happening that are unlikely?

6 comments:

Dr. Sardonic said...

"Things happen in life, but we still believe in God."

After reading this, I'm wondering myself if maybe there's a God after all. How could such a perfect joke have been created without a Creator?

ba said...

Along the same lines, I have yet to hear a professional athlete say anything like:

"Jesus really thwarted my efforts today. After God had struck down my mom with gout, I was hoping to bounce back and really produce on offense, but The Lord was full of love for Shaq, and guided his hand rightously as he slapped down my layups. The referees were also full of the Holy Spirit as they vexxed me with many glorious fouls and suspect calls. Praise God!

Tits McGee said...

I feel so at home here.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm sure what they'll say is that it was a miracle that he is alive and that it proves God exists because he chose to save him. Or whatever retarded way they can spin it around.

Hang on. Doesn't God strike down those that anger him? No? Not today you say? Hmmmm.

That's why they love religion, whatever they want to think no matter how fucked up it is it's easy to twist it round to being "God's will."

Anonymous said...

I know you all know that, it just angries up my blood, eh?