Monday, August 20, 2007

Don't blame me, I voted for Darwin

As a resident and native of Louisville, KY, I have been authorized by a group of open-minded Louisvillians, including several non-fundamentalist Christians, to disavow any connection between our city and Kentucky's Creation Museum. The museum, which claims that man rode dinosaurs ala Barney Rubble, is in the northern Kentucky town of Petersburg (heh heh - Peter).

Petersburg, KY is located in the greater Cincinnati, Ohio area. It's a suburb of the Natty, a notoriously conservative town where law enforcement personnel are encouraged to shoot minorities on sight. Well, maybe not encouraged, but it has happened more than once.

The city of Louisville as a whole is sick and tired of being brought down by areas of Kentucky that border other fucked up states. For example, the Appalachian families with a blueish tint to their skin from generations of inbreeding are but a barefooted stroll away from West Virginia. And another horrible Kentucky embarrassment, Wynonna Judd, was raised near the Tennessee border.

So as far as the Creation Museum goes, it's not our fault! Like Pilate, we wash our hands of it.

7 comments:

dizzy von damn! said...

kentucky is near west virginia?

man, i need to get me some more schoolin'.

perhaps i can brush up on all that in between the lessons on god's will.

Scarlet Hip said...

You go to Pilates?

Ubermilf said...

somebody on your staff of writers really needs to look at this.

Tits McGee said...

Utterly. Speechless. I am so linking to that article tomorrow, Übie.

As for you, Todd, keep fighting the good fight, baby. And I believe Sysm and I have a date planned in Petersburg. Perhaps you could meet us there.

yournamehere said...

kendra,
that fancy book-learnin' will tell you what's what.

scarlet,
hey, Pilate was the personification of the cowardly bureaucrat, but he had killer abs.

ubie,
that is truly frightening.

tits,
oh, it's a losing battle, babe.

If I'm going near Northern Kentucky, I'm crossing the river into the Natty and spending the day at King's Island amusement park. I'll meet you guys in front of the Beast roller coaster.

Tits McGee said...

Ohmygod, do you have any idea how much I want to ride the Beast?! My BFF Bosom Buddy just took a road trip out to King's Island for that specific purpose and I was soooo jealous.

You're on, baby. Sysm?

Sysm said...

The only Beast I'll ride is the "beast with two backs".